General guidelines for staff and guests
- In case of a mild cold (sneezing, sore throat, runny nose, slight coughing) or fever, we stay at home.
- We keep a distance of 1.5 metres, do not shake hands and call each other to account if this is not done.
- We wash our hands regularly, cough and sneeze on the inside of our elbow and use paper tissues to blow our nose.
- To ensure the safety and health of our staff and guests, the instructions of the hotel management must be followed at all times.
- Everyone works with their own cleaning products or materials. After use, we leave these neat and clean for our colleagues.
- Cleaning the room and/or repairing a technical defect is only permitted when the guest is not in the room.
- The routing of the hotel has been adjusted to maintain sufficient distance. It is not allowed to use the lift with more than one family. The staircase can only be used to go to a lower floor, as it cannot be guaranteed that sufficient distance can be maintained here.
- During your stay you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner in your room. Due to the measures taken, it is not possible to sit down and have something to eat in the grand café or restaurant.
- Between 12.00 and 22.00 you can order and take away drinks from Grand Café 1866. After 20.00 hours it is no longer possible to order alcoholic beverages.
- Floor stickers are used in the public areas. This makes it immediately clear whether a sufficient distance can be kept.
- So-called ‘splash screens’ are also used at the reception desk.
- In order to clearly inform guests, flyers with all information regarding the guidelines have been hung up at certain points in the hotel.
- At various points in the hotel (lobby, restaurants, corridors, etc.) disinfection points have been placed. This way, both employees and guests can disinfect their hands.
- Apart from the public areas, several work areas (offices, kitchens, canteen, etc.) also have disinfection points for all employees.
- In order to ensure that the guidelines are followed and to provide guests with information, an employee will be deployed as a host/hostess in the public areas, such as the lobby.
- Public areas: extra rounds will be made by our morning and evening shift to clean the banisters at all touch points in the lift and stairwell. This will be done several times a day.
- An infrared thermometer is available at reception so that guests and staff can (in case of doubt) measure their temperature. If someone has a fever of 38 degrees or more, the available management will be contacted.
- We ask our guests to pay contactless as much as possible. Should a guest nevertheless come into contact with the terminal, we will disinfect it after each contact.
- At the reception you are expected to keep 1.5 metres distance by standing at the first floor sticker.
- The services of the reception are fully adapted. This means that there is a maximum staffing of 2 employees at all times and no more overlapping of shifts. It may happen that there is a waiting time, please keep this in mind. We are of course working hard to prevent this.
- Besides the ‘splash screens’ on the counter between the employees and the guests, a screen has also been placed between the two workstations. This means that the employees are also shielded from each other during work.
- Breakfast is served in your own room. Your breakfast will be placed at your door by means of a trolley in the period of your choice. You have to take your breakfast into the room yourself. When you have eaten, you can put the items back in the corridor so that our staff can take them away again. Because of the measures taken, it is not possible to sit down and have something to eat in the grand café or restaurant.
Lunch and dinner
- Between 12.00 and 20.00 hours you can order from our lunch, drinks or dinner menu. This also applies if you have booked a package. These dishes are also brought to your room by means of a trolley and you have to take them into your room yourself. When you have finished eating, you can put the items back in the corridor so that our staff can take them away again. Because of the measures taken, it is not possible to sit down and have something to eat in the grand café or restaurant.
- From 26 March onwards the SPA Domburg will be open again to a limited extent for treatments and massages. The other facilities of SPA Domburg and the swimming pool are closed.